- All items must be paid for in full before delivery may be scheduled.
- Your merchandise must be delivered within 30 days of your order(s) being available/in stock.
- Orders may be rescheduled once, orders rescheduled more than two times will be cancelled.
- Steinhafels is not responsible for any damage to your property resulting from the delivery of your merchandise. This includes, without limitation, any damage to curbs, driveways, sidewalks, steps, patios, irrigation lines, trees and/or landscaping.
- Delivery damage to your home and property must be reported at time of delivery.
- Damage to your merchandise must be reported within 5 days of the delivery.
- Steinhafels delivery charges are based on zoned zip codes. Clearance and as-is merchandise is subject to a regular delivery charge plus an additional $50. We strongly encourage customers to take their clearance merchandise with them.
- Delivery charges are not refundable if you decide to return your merchandise and you do not re-select. Credit memos will reflect a credit for all merchandise returned with the exception of the delivery charge. The new sales order written for your reselection will include your newly selected merchandise and a delivery charge. Mattresses exchanged under sleep guarantee have a delivery charge
- If you cancel/reschedule an order less than 24 hours prior to your delivery, you will forfeit your delivery charge and be required to pay another delivery charge.
- Rooms and hallways should be cleared for delivery. Our drivers will not move existing furniture; however, they will assist in positioning your new furniture.
- Drivers will not move, setup, disconnect electronic devices including but not limited to TV sets, audio equipment, speakers, and cable boxes.
- For a fee we will remove innerspring or foam mattresses and foundations. We do not remove any other types of mattresses or furniture. Soiled bedding will only be removed at drivers discretion.
- To insure the safety of our drivers, snow or any other pedestrian obstacles must be removed by you before our drivers can accomplish the delivery.
- Difficult and/or unsafe deliveries (such as window entry) and deliveries above the third floor (without access to an elevator) will not be done by our delivery drivers. Hoists and balcony deliveries will not be attempted under any circumstances.
- Please bring original receipt and photo ID.
- All your merchandise must be at the pick up location. Click here to verify!
- If you need to change your pickup day, please provide 24 hours notice. If picking up at Waukesha, click here to reschedule.
- Upon notification that your merchandise has been received in the warehouse, you must schedule or pickup your merchandise within 30 days or the order will be cancelled.
- Some assembly may be required if you choose to pickup your merchandise.
- Merchandise must be dropped off and picked up for any return, exchange, or for service. If you prefer Steinhafels to pick-up and drop-off your merchandise or service your merchandise in-home, a delivery or service fee will apply.
- If picking up special order merchandise and a defect is found, Steinhafels will provide a service technician to repair that merchandise.
Safety Instructions:For your safety and the safety of others, Steinhafels does not advise and will not help load or tie your furniture in the following situations:
- Any item in the back of any flatbed truck or flatbed trailer. This does not include a pick-up truck.
- Any item on the top of any vehicle or any vehicle rack.
- Any item unsafely stacked on top of another.
- Any situation, including but not limited to those listed above, that we judge to be unsafe.
Steinhafels does not recommend that you transport any of these items under these circumstances. Should you elect to do so, you act at your own peril and acknowledge that Steinhafels has informed you that what you are doing is an unsafe and ill-advised activity. Under no circumstances will Steinhafels be responsible for loss/damages incurred once merchandise leaves the loading dock.
If you are concerned about the safety of your load, please contact our staff to take advantage of Steinhafels' professional delivery service.
- We service all products (excluding accessories, clearance and As-Is items) for one year against manufacturers’ defect. After the one year warranty, we will assist you in obtaining parts from the manufacturer.
- We only service in our delivery areas.
- Relocated Furniture: Damage that may have occurred due to improper handling of the merchandise by moving it, will void Steinhafels one year warranty.
- Extended Warranties: Steinhafels strictly adheres to manufacturers’ warranties. Extended manufacturers’ warranties that exceed one year will be subject to transportation, labor and service fees.
- Upholstery/Area Rugs: Dye lots and swatches seen at the store may differ slightly from actual dye lots on delivered manufacturers’ product. Steinhafels is not responsible for any of these dye lot variances. Upholstered fabrics are warranted against defective material or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase under normal care and use. This warranty does not cover fading, pilling or shrinkage and is not valid where there is evidence of heavy soiling or abuse. Fabric damage or fabric failure due to improper cleaning or animal use is also excluded from the warranty. Consult your salesperson for proper cleaning instructions. The fabric warranty will not be honored if any evidence of animal use is found.
- Leather is a natural material and surface marks and variances in color show that the leather is genuine top grain. Steinhafels cannot be responsible for these natural variances in leather.
- Accessories: Carefully inspect all pictures, lamps, accessories and area rugs before you take them with you. Accessory items are not serviced.
- Deferred Billing Plan: During service, your billing plan remains in effect. Your original promotion period deadline does not change. Monthly payments must be made during service/exchanges on deferred billing plans to avoid late charges or interest.
Exchanges & Returns
- All sales must have a receipt to exchange merchandise or obtain a refund.
- Merchandise in your home longer than 30 days cannot be returned.
- Damage to your merchandise must be report within 5 days of the delivery.
- Steinhafels is not responsible for any damage to merchandise caused by pets.
- Any exchange or return for a refund of stock merchandise is subject to inspection by Steinhafels to ensure merchandise is returned in its original condition. Original condition includes, but is not limited to: no signs of wear or tear, scratches, nicks, stains, pet hair, smoke damage or missing parts.
- A 33% cleaning/usage fee will be charged for items not returned in original condition.
- Mattress sets exchanged under the rules of the sleep guarantee must be returned in original condition and cannot be cleaned.
- If you received a free promotional item with purchase, the free promotional item must also be returned in its original condition or you will be charged full value of the promotional item.
- Due to health reasons, pillows, sheets, blankets, and mattress pads cannot be returned and you will be charged for full value of these items.
- All applicable delivery fees, leather protection kits, mattress covers, pillows, sheets, blankets, Power Foundations/Adjustable Bases, Sauder, extended warranties and any other furniture care products are not returnable and refundable.
- Our sales orders are subject to pricing audit and compliance with our policies and procedures.
- All refund checks are issued after 10 business days by the Steinhafels Corporate Office Only. NO CASH REFUNDS. Refunds on bank cards are credited to the bank card used as payment.
- If the item you purchased goes on sale at Steinhafels within 30 days, you must notify us and we will credit you the difference. If the sale terms change, you may have a choice between the two sale offers.
- If you find a lower price at another full-service local retailer (located within our delivery area) on the identical merchandise, we will refund the price difference for up to 30 days. The price difference must be verified and all other sale terms must be the same.
- Sales tax and delivery charges cannot be financed.
- View financing terms and conditions here.
Clearance & Floor Samples
- Merchandise reduced for clearance includes full service and the manufacturer’s warranty, except for “AS IS” marked merchandise.
- All sales are final on “AS IS” merchandise.
- The 30 Day Happiness Guarantee and 120 Night Sleep Guarantee does not apply to Clearance and Floor Sample merchandise.
- No Hold Orders. Merchandise must be picked up immediately.
Special Order Merchandise
Having a one of a kind item made for you can make your room special and unique, and we are glad to assist you in beautifying your home. Below are some important things you need to know about your special order.
A special order is:
- An item not displayed on the floor
- An item not stocked in our warehouse
- An item displayed in our store, but available in a different color, size, or finish
A special order cannot be cancelled. Our 30-Day Happiness Guarantee does not apply to special orders. However, factory warranties and Steinhafels one-year service policies do apply.
If your merchandise does not fit in your room (down the hallway, up the stairs, etc.) it cannot be returned since our manufacturers will not allow returns. Do not special order if you feel this may be a problem. Please take accurate measurements before ordering.
Minimum Production Time is 10-17 weeks. Manufacturers may not have the materials for your order in stock or delays in shipping may occur. If your order is not available in our warehouse within 17 weeks, you may select another item or cancel your order and receive a complete refund without a restocking fee.
Dye lots on fabric samples may differ in shade from those actually delivered by the manufacturer. Steinhafels is not responsible for any dye lot differences.
If an item arrives damaged, our extensively trained, skilled craftsmen can restore the piece(s) to original condition. Furniture manufactures, like auto and computer manufacturers, repair/replace component parts and do not replace the entire item.
All damage claims must be reported to our Service Department within 5 days.
If the item is materially damaged upon delivery, Steinhafels reserves the right to:
- Inspect damaged merchandise in your home
- Provide service in your home, at our warehouse, or at the factory depending on service required
- Repair or replace merchandise at the discretion of Customer Service
Our buyers will audit the sales contract for pricing accuracy. If adjustments are needed you will be contacted for approval before your order is placed with the manufacturer.
If for any reason you fail to take delivery of your special order merchandise, a 33% restocking fee will be forfeited. You will lose 33% of your purchase price since your special order cannot be returned to the manufacturer for credit. (50% deposit - 33% restocking fee = 17% of deposit refunded).